Monday, July 20, 2009

End of Summer Just Around the Corner



Seems just like yesterday I couldn't wait for spring weather, the gardens, the pool, the HOT weather. Now its the end of July, and there are signs of the coming fall season. Back to school for the children, and thoughts turning to the holidays.


I am going to have an end of summer sale the 1st of August, as I still have some summer clothes left.


For fall I found a wonderful vintage "Gunne Sax" style dress and interpreted it for Julie. I had previously created a vintage dress for Molly from an old Butterick pattern picture. I believe that dress is still in the store.


I purchase a new, bigger sewing machine (the other one I had was described by my neighbor, a professional seamtress also, as a TOY). This machine should help me speed up the process. But I do want each item of clothing to be very special, so there is no way I will ever get to the point where I can create more than one or two items a week. so I send a newsletter to customers and encourage them to check back often so they don't miss an item they were looking for. I believe this will become more important as the holidays near.

Speaking of holidays, I am going to make fancy witch costumes and fairy costumes for the AG's for Halloween. I'm looking forward to creating these items.


That's all for now, back to the sewing room.

Carolyn
"The only place housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary"

No comments:

Post a Comment