Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PREPARING FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON

Spent the last 2 weeks preparing for the upcoming Holiday Season. Created 2 outfits as "teasers" for the offerings to come. Both show the quality of clothes that will be offered in the coming months. I am now shopping at the "uptown" fabric store. All the clothes made for the upcoming season feature very high quality fabrics not usually seen in American Girl Doll Clothes.

This embroidered sparkling gown is just beautiful and photographs cannot do it justice. I have a close up photo of the fabric in my store.

The outfit for Julie is made from the finest woven wools and the colors reflect that. Update: Sorry, it sold ... but there will be more winter outfits.


Other housekeeping tasks - I've updated my logo and am very pleased with it. I've received positive feedback from viewers. And had a little bump with the website last week, but it was my doing and the good folks at BISI and the BISI community helped me fix it. Hint: Don't expect to see any quotation marks (") anywhere on my site ever again.

New customers are finding the website and I am encouraged by everyone's feedback. And looking forward to the Holiday season.

In the meantime, enjoy the last few days of summer - many children are back to school in the next week or so. Remember when school started after Labor Day?

Carolyn

"the only place housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary"



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I love the outfits you create and you can see the quality in the pictures. Just exquisite. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just LOVE the green gown... what a great gift that one would make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented. I just love these outfits.

    ReplyDelete